Recently, my dear SDP asked me to help her find the perfect garden space for her upcoming baby shower (woohoo! Baby P is on the way!) in NYC. So, in the midst of what feels like the most dreadful winter NYC has seen in quite some time, I was excited to escape from the humdrum of winter and shift my focus to warmer, sunnier and greener thoughts.
As much as we New Yorkers love the bustle of our everyday life, little compares to the joy of finding a garden oasis (and fingers-crossed, some twinkling lights) for some al fresco dining and lounging.
Whether you want to find a space for your next special event (all of the places listed provide full or partial buyouts and full or partial private space) or just want to grab a bite or cocktail, here are some of NYC’s most gorgeous garden spaces.
1. Gallow Green at the McKittrick Hotel, Chelsea | http://m.mckittrickhotel.com/gallowgreen/
Go for the fabulous brunch amidst lush greens and a vintage train track – so popular that reservations are made available 4 weeks in advance.
2. The Park, Chelsea | http://www.theparknyc.com/
Go for a late night bite or drinks at this longstanding NYC spot. And if you stay past midnight, you’re likely to get your dance on.
3. The Waverly, West Village | http://www.waverlynyc.com/
Go for any meal (the food is delicious) and the unrivaled people watching.
4. Palma, West Village | http://www.palmanyc.com/
Go for the delicious farm-to-table Italian fare.
5. Riverpark, Kips Bay | http://www.riverparknyc.com/
Go for Tom Colicchio’s incredible farm-to-table cuisine or plan your next special event in one of their many unique, but gorgeously appointed spaces.
6. Isola, Soho | https://www.morganshotelgroup.com/mondrian/mondrian-soho/eat-drink/isola-trattoria-crudo-bar
Go whenever and for any reason – it’s just too beautiful to miss.
7. Gramercy Terrace at the Gramercy Park Hotel, Gramercy | http://www.gramercyparkhotel.com/events/gramercy_terrace
Go for brunch or dinner at this gorgeous garden oasis or plan your next special event (if your budget allows).
8. Refinery Hotel Rooftop, Garment District | http://www.refineryhotelnewyork.com/refinery-rooftop
Go for a cocktail any time of the day, but preferably at night under the twinkling lights and NYC skyline.
9. Bobo, West Village | http://bobonyc.com/
Go to enjoy the unique New American fare and for a taste of what it might feel like to own your very own glittering townhouse and garden in the middle of NYC.
10. Revel, Meatpacking District | http://www.revelnyc.com/
Go for their very boozy unlimited drinks brunch or to enjoy a garden space year round (the space is conveniently enclosed for year round revelry).
Thanks SDP for asking me to help with the process – we have a lot of places to enjoy once the weather warms up!
Love – MY
Amazing how life comes full circle, SDP and I have spent many sunny days and warm nights delighting at venues just like these.
One Comment Add yours